Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Audio Book Review: Last to Die, by Tess Gerritsen

Last to Die has a slow and confusing build up to an  unsatisfying resolution.

Last to Die is my first Rizzoli & Isles book, and I don't really understand the appeal.

There are three teens who are lone survivors of their families' deaths. Now, all three of their foster families have also been murdered. These three are seemingly unrelated, but Rizzoli and Isles find out about this coincidence and can't let it alone.

I found the narrative at the beginning to be very confusing. The story jumps from one teen's story to another, and then jumps to Jane's story, and then to the investigation. Having no idea who Jane is didn't help, so part of the confusion may have been due to my never having been introduced to these characters before.

There was just so much time spent at the boarding school where these kids end up. Weird things happen, but not weird enough to really be all that interesting.

I can't stand how these seasoned professionals jump quickly to the wrong conclusions over and over. They should know better than to assume the obvious, but they do every time.

I didn't predict the outcome, but it also didn't wow me. I do enjoy a complex plot, which Last to Die has. But after all that build up, the ending was lightening fast. It all got resolved in a few minutes. What a let down.

I'm a fan of a good thriller, and I'm usually patient when listening instead of reading, but Last to Die just didn't impress. The narrator, Tanya Eby, did a good job. The narration was straight forward and easy to understand.

With so many other authors out there that I really enjoy, I doubt if I'll be reading any more of this series.

Published by Ballentine, 2012. Brilliance Audio
Copy obtained from the library
352 pages

Rating: 2.5/5





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2014 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...